Saturday, October 30, 2010


I printed a whale tooth I found on Thingiverse: (Whale Tooth) because I thought it looked cool and would really test the capabilities of my machine and software tools. (Which is great for working out the kinks.) I'm happy to report success! The RepRap java tool couldn't handle the STL file, so I used Skeinforge. to create the GCode. I had to customize Skeinforge a bit before it worked right. It wanted to send Z moves in the same line as an X-Y move, and that clashed with the different speeds required. It still doesn't do acceleration right, which messed up a few layers when the X stepper skipped a few steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment